A job in investor relations will be a good fit for someone who likes the world of finance, but who also enjoys interacting with people. A typical work week might involve in-person and phone meetings with current and potential investors, attending road shows and investor meetings with partners, and a lot of brainstorming with IR colleagues and designers to create marketing materials, update the firm’s Web site or social media accounts, or prepare quarterly reports. Work hours for IR specialists are fairly standard (i.e., 9 to 5, Monday through Friday)—unless they’re traveling on a road show (which can last several days and include work at night and on weekends).
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Chief Information Officers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Wealth Management Accountants
- Wealth Management Analysts
- Wealth Management Associates
- Wealth Management Compliance Professionals
- Wealth Management Lawyers
- Wealth Management Managing Directors
- Wealth Management Risk Managers
- Wealth Management Vice Presidents