Approximately 386,140 insurance sales agents, including property and casualty insurance agents and brokers, are employed in the United States. Insurance companies are the principal employers; however, about one in seven agents and brokers are self-employed. Some agents also work for banks and securities brokerages, due to increased integration of the finance and insurance industries.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Accountants and Auditors
- Business Managers
- Financial Institution Officers and Managers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Forensic Accountants and Auditors
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators, and Analysts
- Health Care Insurance Navigators
- Insurance Claims Representatives
- Insurance Fraud Investigators
- Insurance Policy Processing Workers
- Insurance Underwriters
- Life Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Risk Managers