The median annual wage for private investigators and detectives was $45,610 in May 2015, according to the Department of Labor. Salaries ranged from $26,920 to $85,190 or more. The average salary for those who worked in the investigation and security systems industry was $52,660. Local government pays slightly higher wages; in 2015, private investigators working in this area earned an average of $58,410.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Airport Security Personnel
- Armored Truck Drivers
- Cryptographic Technicians
- Directors of Security
- Fire Inspectors
- Fire Investigators
- Forensic Experts
- Internet Security Specialists
- Secret Service Special Agents
- Security Consultants and Guards
- Security Systems Installers and Workers