In high school, take accounting, macroeconomics, microeconomics, and other finance classes, as well as statistics and mathematics. Database management classes will help you learn how to collect and manage information. Any class that teaches you how to conduct research and assess information will be a good building block for a career in private equity. Strong communication skills are necessary to write reports and effectively debate the merits of potential investments, so be sure to take as many speech and English classes as possible. Participation in mathematics, finance, and debate clubs and contests also provide good hands-on experience.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Risk Managers