The typical advancement path is from business analyst/assistant investor relations (IR) manager, to IR manager, and IR director. It’s important to remember that most IR departments at private equity firms are small, so there are fewer opportunities for advancement. Mid-size and large PE firms offer the best advancement prospects. Talented investor relations professionals can also advance to become managing partners. Others move onto work as investor relations managers in the corporate world, or pursue opportunities as financial controllers or chief financial officers with corporations or in the alternative asset management industry.
Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers