Approximately 3,300 private equity firms are headquartered in the United States, but firms can be found around the world. Pensions & Investments reports that the 10 largest firms (based on assets under management, AUM), in the world as of December 31, 2014, were (in descending order): Apollo Global Management, The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, Ares Management, Oaktree, Fortress, Bain Capital, TPG, and Ardian. In addition to employment in the PE industry, financial managers work in nearly every other industry, as well with nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers