Approximately 3,300 private equity firms are headquartered in the United States, but firms are located throughout the world. According to the Private Equity Growth Capital Council, the top states receiving the most private equity investment in 2014 were (in descending order): California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. Opportunities for business development directors are available in nearly every industry. You may have to relocate to New York or another financial center to locate a position.
Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers