In high school, volunteer to manage the finances of a school club. This will provide you with experience preparing a budget, creating financial records, and performing other financial tasks. Read books about private equity accounting. Two suggestions: Private Equity Accounting, Investor Reporting, and Beyond (FT Press, 2015) and Private Equity Accounting: The Global Guide for Private Equity Firms and Fund Accountants (PEI Media Ltd., 2011). Professional accounting and auditing associations provide a wealth of career exploration resources at their Web sites. One especially useful resource is Start Here, Go Places (https://www.startheregoplaces.com), which is sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers