In high school, volunteer to manage the finances of a school club. This will provide you with experience preparing a budget, creating financial records, and performing other financial tasks. Read books about private equity accounting. Two suggestions: Private Equity Accounting, Investor Reporting, and Beyond (FT Press, 2015) and Private Equity Accounting: The Global Guide for Private Equity Firms and Fund Accountants (PEI Media Ltd., 2011). Professional accounting and auditing associations provide a wealth of career exploration resources at their Web sites. One especially useful resource is Start Here, Go Places (http://www.startheregoplaces.com), which is sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers