Inside adjusters work in offices, as do clerks and examiners. They work 40 hours a week and occasionally travel. They may work additional hours during peak claim periods or when quarterly or annual reports are due. Outside claims adjusters may travel extensively—sometimes hundreds of miles to different states to handle a claim. An adjuster may also be required to be on call 24 hours a day. Appraisers and investigators are more likely to work outside, conducting surveillance and inspecting damaged vehicles and buildings.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Accountants and Auditors
- Business Managers
- Financial Institution Officers and Managers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Forensic Accountants and Auditors
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators, and Analysts
- Health Care Insurance Navigators
- Insurance Fraud Investigators
- Insurance Policy Processing Workers
- Insurance Underwriters
- Life Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Property and Casualty Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Risk Managers