There are many ways to explore this field. You might try to get a summer or part-time entry-level job with an insurance company. This would allow you to see what working in the insurance industry is like. You can also ask your parents, teachers, or a guidance counselor to arrange a tour of an insurance company or at least to set up an informational interview with someone who works in the field. Finally, you may consider contacting the various associations that offer educational materials and even sign up for an introductory course to see if this career is for you.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Accountants and Auditors
- Business Managers
- Financial Institution Officers and Managers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Forensic Accountants and Auditors
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators, and Analysts
- Health Care Insurance Navigators
- Insurance Fraud Investigators
- Insurance Policy Processing Workers
- Insurance Underwriters
- Life Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Property and Casualty Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Risk Managers