Those who want to pursue careers as insurance claim representatives should first interview people who work in the claims industry to help them prepare early on. It helps to know what facet of the industry you want to be in, as taking classes or gaining work experience in those areas will give you a leg up as an expert in the field. Work on your communications and interpersonal skills. Since much of the work early on will serve as on-the-job training, be sure to be ready to learn from your colleagues.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Accountants and Auditors
- Business Managers
- Financial Institution Officers and Managers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Forensic Accountants and Auditors
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators, and Analysts
- Health Care Insurance Navigators
- Insurance Fraud Investigators
- Insurance Policy Processing Workers
- Insurance Underwriters
- Life Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Property and Casualty Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Risk Managers