Skip to Main Content

Groundwater Professionals

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Some certification programs have been developed to measure experience and knowledge of groundwater science. Both the American Institute of Hydrology and theNational Ground Water Association offer voluntary certification programs. Some states also require geoscientists and hydrologists who serve the public to be licensed. Requirements vary by state, but typically applicants must meet education and experience requirements and pass an examination.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions
Featured Companies