Coronavirus Update: Our team is here to help our clients and readers navigate these difficult times. Visit our Resources page now »

Skip to Main Content

Child Care Service Owners

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The Council for Professional Recognition offers the Child Development Associate (CDA) National Credentialing Program. To become a CDA, you must meet competency standards and have experience in child care. (Note: Some high school students who are enrolled in vocational training programs may also be eligible for the credential.) The National Child Care Association offers the national administrator credential. To receive this credential, you must complete a special 40-hour, five-day training course. The association also offers the certified child-care professional credential, which is geared toward teachers who have not completed a college degree or who have a degree in a field that is unrelated to child care.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.