In 2015, there were 9,520 mutual fund companies, an increase of about 12 percent from the 8,370 in 2000, according to The Investment Company Institute (ICI). The United States had the world’s largest mutual fund market, with 48 percent of total net world assets, followed by Europe (34 percent), Africa and Asia-Pacific (13 percent), and other Americas (5 percent). In 2015, mutual fund companies managed $18.1 trillion in assets (including those of exchange-traded funds) for more than $93.1 million U.S. investors. Worldwide regulated open-end mutual fund assets were $37.2 trillion at the end of 2015.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Mutual Fund Accountants and Auditors
- Mutual Fund Analysts
- Mutual Fund Compliance Professionals
- Mutual Fund Customer Service Representatives
- Mutual Fund Financial Managers
- Mutual Fund Lawyers
- Mutual Fund Marketing Specialists
- Mutual Fund Portfolio Managers
- Mutual Fund Risk Managers
- Mutual Fund Wholesalers