Vault’s Law Blog covers news and trends relating to legal careers. Law Blog contributors offer insights on the legal industry and provide career advice for law students, attorneys, and JDs.
Contributors have included:
- Matt Moody: Matt is the current Law Editor at Vault. Prior to joining Vault, Matt worked as a litigator at two Vault 100 law firms. Matt has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BS in Journalism from the University of Florida.
- Vera Djordjevich: Vera is currently the Director of Research & Consulting at Vault. A former litigator, she holds degrees from New York University School of Law and Stanford University.
- Nicole Weber: Nicole is a legal recruiting professional and previously worked as an associate at a large New York firm. Nicole has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BA from Williams College.
- Rachel Marx Boufford: Rachel is a recruiting and marketing professional and previously worked as a litigation associate at a large New York law firm. Rachel has a JD from Harvard Law School and a BA from Tufts University.
- Mary Kate Sheridan: Mary Kate holds a JD from Columbia Law School and a BA in English from Mary Washington College. Mary Kate is a writer, editor and attorney, who previously worked as a litigation associate at a large law firm.
- Brian Dalton: Brian received a JD from Fordham Law School and a BA in History from Middlebury College. Following law school, Brian worked as an associate at a New York City law firm.
Become a Contributor
Vault is always looking for job search and career experts to share their advice on our blog.
Legal Career Paths: From Lawyer to Baker and International Bagel Consultant
Beth George is a lawyer turned baker and international bagel consultant, as the owner of BYOB Bagels. Read on to learn about her path and advice for success.
Vault Rankings in Action: The Best Law Firms for Women
Vault spoke to top-ranked law firms about how they support women in their professional and personal pursuits. Watch the videos here.
Legal Career Paths: From the Legal Industry to the Wine Industry
After law school, Dina Opici launched her career in the wine industry. Read on to follow her path and learn what it takes to succeed in the wine business.
Legal Career Paths: From Lawyer to Sci-Fi Novelist and Hollywood Screenwriter
We spoke with Melinda Snodgrass to learn about her career path as a lawyer turned sci-fi novelist and Hollywood screenwriter. (Trekkies, you'll know Melinda for her work writing episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.)
4 Tips for Starting Your Lateral Job Search [INFOGRAPHIC]
The prospect of moving to another law firm can be overwhelming. If you're in the beginning stages of a lateral move, here are a few tips to get you started.
Vault Rankings in Action: The Best Law Firms for Racial & Ethnic Diversity
In this collection of short videos, hear from Vault’s top-ranked law firms for Racial & Ethnic Diversity regarding how they support diversity, equity, and inclusion within and beyond their firms.