ABOUT BACK BAY
The Greater Boston area (Boston/Cambridge/Waltham MA) is known as “the center of the nation’s biotechnology industry,” and we have been proudly based out of Boston’s Back Bay since 2010. Our approach is unique in that we among the first and only to integrate life science strategy with investment banking execution so we are a trusted partner through every stage of product development. Our strategy clients more often than not turn into our investment banking clients, as we shepherd products from clinic to development, into broad use and often through M&A needs.
Back Bay’s strategy and analytics team partners with clients to create growth and development strategies for product development, commercial success and transactional execution that drive growth and create value across the product and corporate continuum.
[Hear an example of how we guide clients on pricing strategy in our industry podcast here.]
Back Bay’s investment banking team focuses on life science financing, buy and sell-side M&A, divestiture, licensing, commercialization, partnering and private placement transactions, and we offer our services to an international clientele of emerging and established pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology and diagnostic companies.
[Learn about life science SPACs from our investment banking team in our life sciences podcast, here.]
We are a “boutique size” firm with global reach and reputation. We excel at guiding life science companies and their investors through complex decisions. Our teams work closely with our client partners in leading life science hubs in the United States, Europe and beyond.
WHO WE ARE
At Back Bay, we believe in a real work-life balance, ongoing professional development, inclusion and mentoring, and the culture and exchange of working at the highest level of scientific partnering.
From the get-go, you’ll be working alongside the most senior level biopharma and medtech developers and learning from the top executives in the life sciences industry. We are a team of flexible, fun, smart and curious people, and we offer a richly rewarding, supportive and collaborative environment.
Individually, we are rowers, parents, musicians, physicians, surgeons, bankers, enthusiastic tennis players, runners, parents, painters, researchers, bankers, MDs, PhDs and post-grads.
Collectively, we are driven by data, inspired by science, and motivated by what’s possible in the realm of medicine.
You might be a good fit at Back Bay Life Science Advisors if you are someone with:
- A desire to advance science to treatment, ideas to care
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to hypothesize, generate and analyze data and communicate and share complex ideas in written and oral forms
- Life science expertise and the enthusiasm and ability to review scientific/clinical literature and carry out in-depth discussions with academic or industry opinion leaders
- A personal and professional intellectual curiosity who enjoys drawing meaningful conclusions and is a resourceful, proactive, and efficient professional team player with a strong partner mentality and experience working in a fast-paced environment
- An enjoyment of identifying connections and trends, bringing new ideas to life
- Family, outside interests, a passion for music, the arts, sports, travel, hobbies, etc.
Our benefits package includes highly competitive salaries, health insurance, dental coverage, 401(k) plans, disability and life insurance, comprehensive paid time off, team outings, and Summer Fridays. We include paid volunteer time, mentorship programs and opportunities for career development and advancement.
Explore our open positions at Back Bay Life Science Advisors here: https://www.bblsa.com/careers-1.