The world’s leading organizations and global players rely on Proskauer to help achieve their most daring ambitions and to overcome their most daunting challenges. Business savvy and market driven, Proskauer’s intellectual capital drives success. We are proud of the firm’s many achievements and hard-earned recognitions across a full spectrum of transactional and contentious practices.
When you build a career at our Firm, you’ll work with the best minds in the business. Our top-tier team – 725 strong – of star trial attorneys, acclaimed transactional lawyers and exceptionally talented partners and associates have earned a reputation for relentlessly pursuing excellence as they secure victories, help to build businesses, and set precedents around the world.
Proskauer serves its clients from 13 offices in the leading financial and business centers in the Americas, Europe and Asia. We understand international business, and state-of-the-art office spaces mirror our innovative approach to the business of law.
Our thriving practices
Whether we’re representing alternative capital providers, major sports leagues, Fortune 500 companies, leading private equity funds, or entertainment industry legends, we are renowned for our work and operate at the highest level. Our core departments include:
- Corporate. Drawing on the talents of more than 250 lawyers worldwide, we help clients handle both sophisticated transactions and daily business and regulatory matters. Our clients extend across industries and borders, ranging from large public companies to the major sports leagues to entrepreneurs.
- Labor & Employment. Proskauer has one of the largest and strongest Labor & Employment Law Departments, and we have handled virtually every type of issue for the largest companies for more than 75 years. Our prowess in the field consistently earns the highest accolades.
- Litigation. A full-service practice with extensive trial experience in virtually every major forum across the globe, we represent defendants and plaintiffs, multinationals, middle market and small-cap businesses, financial institutions, partnerships and individuals.
- Real Estate. From dirt to dollars, we represent major players in the full range of important matters, including financings, acquisitions, leasing, contracts and tax issues. Our team regularly participates in the most challenging and innovative transactions in the marketplace.
- Tax. Involved in the most complex and challenging matters of the day, our tax team advises a broad range of clients, including Fortune 500 corporations and other business entities, investment funds, institutional investors, tax-exempt organizations and executives.
Innovation and collaboration from day one
Attorney William Rose was only 21 when he started the firm that is now Proskauer Rose. The year was 1875, and although the world has been transformed since then, the values that Rose championed – hard work, mutual respect, cooperation, dedication to client service and integrity – echo throughout our Firm today.
As a result, we are honored to work with some of the most innovative, industry-redefining companies, which are changing how business is conducted. Our approach is not simply to represent our clients but to understand their businesses and to know their industries. We do this so we are not presenting legal advice in a vacuum but rather with the understanding of how it will affect their bottom line. When they grow, we grow.
Over the years we have steadily built our practices and expanded to key markets. As the business world evolves, so does our Firm. One example of this is our work with asset managers. It's an ever-changing field that we have served for decades, embracing challenges and expanding in direct proportion to our clients' success and growth.
Another example of our evolution is sports law – a practice we practically invented. We’ve been named the #1 sports practice in the nation and are consistently ranked in the #1 tier by the leading legal guides. Why have we become so successful? One reason is the strong collaboration among talented lawyers across our firm. Sports law combines myriad areas of the law, including finance, litigation, M&A, labor, tax, media, licensing, antitrust and intellectual property, among many other areas.
Read more about Proskauer in recent news.