At Morgan Lewis, our greatest strength is the company we keep. If you want to be an exceptional lawyer with superior legal skills, a collaborative spirit, and a commitment to the advancement of the legal profession, we invite you to learn more about Morgan Lewis, where working collaboratively is in our DNA.
Our talented lawyers know that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. That supporting and appreciating individuals is necessary for team success. That clients value insight, empathy, and trustworthiness as much as legal advice. We are motivated every day to harness our collective power to deliver exceptional service to our clients around the globe.
An Unparalleled Summer
We offer an innovative work experience for second-year law students—one that combines a rich summer experience with challenging, hands-on work at Morgan Lewis, targeted professional development and training, and an opportunity for in-house training at a public interest organization.
Our Summer Associate Program starts with an in-person summit where firm leaders and all summer associates from across the United States gather for a multiday orientation and bonding program. The location of our kickoff rotates and we have hosted our summer associates everywhere from the beaches of Santa Monica, to downtown Brooklyn, to the Napa Valley wine region. Wherever we gather, the goal remains the same: to introduce our summer associates to our firm, our summer program, our unique firm culture, and our enthusiasm for working together.
A cornerstone of each Summer Kickoff is our annual summer associate Pro Bono Clinic. Our summer associates’ first assignment is meeting with and counseling real clients. Most recently, we partnered with The Lawyers Clearinghouse in Boston, where teams of summer associates alongside partners and associates from various offices advised 20 Massachusetts nonprofits on written information security programs.
Prioritizing Professional Development
From our newest lawyers to our senior associates, Morgan Lewis supports “wrap-around” professional development through a series of academies targeted for each stage of an associate’s career. In addition to the Summer Kickoff, our customized trainings include the New Lawyer Academy, Mid-Level Associate Academy, and Senior Associate Academy. These programs give associates a valuable and personal opportunity to learn from Morgan Lewis partners, senior firm management, and leaders in the field about Morgan Lewis, our clients, and a variety of topics such as business development and leadership skills.
Support for Work-Life Balance
Morgan Lewis launched its Remote Working Program in 2017 to put into place flexible work options for US and UK associates. This program allows associates with two or more years at the firm to work remotely up to two days a week. Participants receive in-home office setups that include dual monitors, headsets, and docking stations. More than 100 lawyers are currently enrolled in the program.
Location, Location, Location
You’ll find Morgan Lewis offices across the globe. We have offices in Almaty, Astana, Beijing*, Boston, Brussels, Century City, Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hartford, Hong Kong*, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Moscow, New York, Orange County, Paris, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Princeton, San Francisco, Shanghai*, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Tokyo, Washington, DC, and Wilmington.
Our approach works. Morgan Lewis regularly receives high-profile accolades:
- A-List Law Firm, The American Lawyer (2018)
- 300+ partners recognized, Chambers, all publications (2018)
- Client Service 30, BTI Client Service A-Team (2002–2018)
- Most Recognized by General Counsel, BTI Client Brand Elite (2012–2018)
- Top 25, America’s Best Corporate Law Firms, Corporate Board Member (2016 –2018)
- Recommended by Legal Decision Makers More Than 11 Years in a Row, BTI Most Recommended Law Firms (2018)
- Most Prestigious Firms, Vault Guide to Top 100 Law Firms (2014–2019)
- Top 10, US Law Firm Brand Index, Acritas (2013–2017)
- Top 20, Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index, Acritas (2015, 2018)
- Top 3, Law Firms with the Best Collaboration, BTI Consulting Group (2017)
- Top 8, Law Firms with the Best Associates, BTI Consulting Group (2017)
- The Asia 100, Global Players, The American Lawyer (2016, 2017)
- 250+ lawyers recognized, The Best Lawyers in America (2018); 17 named Lawyer of the Year
- 14 fellows, American College of Trial Lawyers; 22 fellows, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers; 10 fellows, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- Clients include more than three-quarters of the Fortune 100 companies—including seven of the Top 10 and 15 of the Top 20—and nearly 300 of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as 65 of the Fortune Global 100 companies—including eight of the Top 10 and 16 of the Top 20—and nearly half of the Fortune Global 500 companies